Please check back once registration opens!
- Is the conference really free?
- When is the conference?
- What do I need to attend?
- How do I access the conference online?
- How do I attend sessions?
- Can I get Michigan Department of Education State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) for participating, and how? (Hint: Yes!)
- Will the session recordings be available?
- What are the 4T Conference and its satellites?
- Can I get a certificate or form to show attendance and participation?
- What is the conference hashtag?
- I’m interested in presenting. How do I apply?
- Help! I have more questions.
Yes! Register here.
July 11-12, 2018.
- Registration for the conference (sign up here to be notified when registration opens)
- Device to access the sessions (we recommend laptops or desktops; while our platform Zoom has mobile apps for Android and iPhone/iPad, some of the data tools we will be using do not interface well with small screens). You must be able to download the small Zoom launcher app. In our limited testing, Chromebooks will work.
- High speed Internet connection (broadband or wireless – preferably a home or school network, not at a cafe)
- Access to Zoom on your device (see FAQ’s 4 and 5)
We’ll be using the web conferencing tool GoToWebinar for the 4T Data Literacy conference. We’ll notify you the night before with links to the day’s session. If you register the day of the session, please refer to our home page to grab the links from our blog. You can view information about compatible devices here.
- When you want to join a session, go to the 4TDL Schedule or check the newsletter link you’ll receive the night before each day’s events. Click on the link for the session that you are attending. The link will take you to the online presentation “room” for that session.
- Type in your full name and email address (this is important if you would like a $25 certificate [for those who are not Michigan K-12 educators] or free Michigan Department of Education SCECH continuing ed credits [for those who are]).
- Look at the toolbar on the right-hand side of the screen and open the chat window so you can join the conversation.
- You don’t have to sign up for specific sessions – just register for the conference!
- Log into each session about 10 minutes before the start time to make sure you get a spot. Note: only live sessions can count for SCECH or certificate credit.
Yes! Participants registered with the Michigan Department of Education’s online continuing education credit system can earn between 3 and 12 SCECH credits. (This means that you must be a K-12 educator certified to teach in the state of Michigan.) Check out the SCECH Agenda for 4T Data Literacy Conference for SCECH credits by session. We apologize that the University of Michigan does not have relationships with other states’ or countries’ continuing education systems.
If you’re not a Michigan K-12 educator, skip down to #9 — we’ve got something new for you this year!
For more on SCECHs, please visit our SCECH information page.
7. Will the session recordings be available?
Yes, we’ll share the link to archived webinars on the Schedule page after they take place. However, you must view live webinars if you are looking for SCECHs or for a session to count toward the $25 certificate option.
The 4T Virtual Conference started in 2011 with the goal to connect educators around the globe on educational technology issues. It happens each May. 4T stands for “Teachers Teaching Teachers About Technology.” Its first satellite conference, the 4T Virtual Conference on Digital Writing, started in 2015 and takes place in October. The 4T Virtual Conference on Data Literacy Conference is the second satellite and began in 2016, with 2018 being its final year.
SCECH credits are available (see FAQ #6) for those with a valid account on the Michigan Department of Education site. You must have a PIC number.
New this year! If you aren’t a part of the Michigan Department of Education’s SCECH tracking site, we heard you that you want proof of attendance, too! See our SCECH page to learn how you can purchase a $25 certificate of attendance.
At this point, participation is by invitation only.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .