***NOTE: 2017 REQUESTS FOR CERTIFICATES AND SCECH CREDITS CLOSE AT 11:59PM EASTERN TIME ON JULY 24, 2017***
This page will inform you about how to earn continuing education credits. Read the first part of the page if you are a K-12 educator registered with the Michigan Department of Education’s system. Read the second part if you are not part of that group and wish to purchase a $25 certificate.
SCECH CREDITS FOR MICHIGAN K-12 EDUCATORS
K-12 educators who are registered with the Michigan Department of Education’s system can earn State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) at no cost by attending the 4T Virtual Conference on Data Literacy! This is due to our relationship as a state university with the Michigan Department of Education.
You can earn between 3 and 8 hours of SCECHs (3 to 8 sessions) of conference participation through the University of Michigan. To be eligible for SCECHs, you must be a K-12 educator certified in the State of Michigan.
You must attend a minimum of 3 hours of the live conference to qualify for the minimum 3 SCECHs. (There are no SCECH credits available for watching the archives). There is no cost to apply for SCECHs, but you must complete the SCECH form (see #3 below) and both email and mail the hard copy to us (this is a change from last year!).
To Earn SCECHs:
1) You must attend at least three live sessions, logging in with your first and last name, and attend the entire session. Please use your email address that you will use in the MDE system.
2) SCECH participants need to create accounts (or have existing accounts) with the Secure Central Registry (SCR/MOECS) of the Michigan Department of Education. As the 4T Conference does not administer this registry, please direct questions about navigating or using the Secure Central Registry to firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-327-5925 if you need assistance. If you need technical support for the Michigan Online Educator Certification System (MOECS), Contact the MOECS Support at (517) 373-3310 or email: MOECSSupport@Michigan.gov.
3) Download the participant 4TDL SCECH form. Fill out and sign both pages.
4) Scan or photograph both pages of your form and email to email@example.com no later than Monday, July 24, 2017. We’ll check your form against the attendance records and verify your attendance.
5) NEW THIS YEAR –> Put the original in an envelope and mail it to Kristin Fontichiaro, University of Michigan School of Information, 4427 North Quad, 105 S. State St., Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285. This must be postmarked no later than Monday, July 24, 2017.
6) When we receive your form in the mail, we’ll submit that information to the Michigan Department of Education. Remember that MDE requires you to fill out another evaluation online before it will release your credits to you!
CERTIFICATES FOR ATTENDEES WHO ARE NOT IN THE MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION SYSTEM
We heard you! You’d like verification of attendance, too! For a small fee, we can verify your attendance and email a certificate to you signed by the conference coordinator. Follow these instructions:
- No later than Monday, July 24, 2017, go to the online store of the parent 4T Virtual Conference and pay the $25 processing fee.
- Download the 4TDL certificate form and fill out both pages. Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, July 24, 2017.
- When we receive your payment and form, we’ll verify the form against the attendance records and email you a certificate of completion. Allow two weeks for processing.
We appreciate your understanding that we will not accommodate other requests for verification. Please do not send us forms to complete or ask us to write letters to administrators, attendees, school districts, or personnel files.